What is data dictionary in a dbms? / How do we use data dictionary? / Data dictionary, system catalog, metadata / Define data dictionary
- It stores information about,
- various data elements (database objects) like
- tables [table names, attributes, attribute size, data types etc],
- views [view definition],
- indexes [all indexes and the tables in which they are defined],
- triggers etc.
- integrity constraints information
- users and privileges
- space management data etc.
- table name, column names, data types, sizes, constraints etc.
- user privileges as per the user who created that table