TOPICS (Click to Navigate)
Saturday, 28 February 2015
DMC 1971 Advanced Databases February 2014 Question Paper
Question Paper Code : 96324
M.C.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION, FEBRUARY/MARCH 2014
DMC 1971 – ADVANCED DATABASES
Time : Three Hours Maximum : 100 Marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A – (10 X 2 = 20 Marks)
1. What is referential key constraint?
2. State the purpose of query optimization.
3. Differentiate transient and persistent objects.
4. Justify the need for concurrency control.
5. What is client/server model?
6. Define: mobile database.
7. What is active rule?
8. Give advantages of distributed database systems.
9. When did you say that the consistency of a database is lost?
10. What is authentication? How does it differ from authorization?
PART B – (5 X 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (a) (i) Describe in detail about hashing techniques. (8)
(ii) Briefly explain about relational model concepts. (8)
(b) Why normalization is required? Explain 1NF, 2NF, 3NF, and BCNF in detail with suitable examples. (16)
12. (a) How will you model and design an object oriented database? Explain in detail. (16)
(b) Write short notes on the following;
(i) Database administration (8)
(ii) Recovery (8)
13. (a) What is enhanced data model? Explain each of them. (16)
(b) Write a detailed note on web databases. (16)
14. (a) Write short notes on:
(i) Active databases. (8)
(ii) Deductive databases. (8)
(b) (i) Explain any one of the concurrency control protocol in detail with example. (8)
(ii) Discuss in detail the parallel database. (8)
15. (a) Describe the database tuning techniques in detail. (16)
(b) (i) Explain the integrity issues in database design. (8)
(ii) Discuss the research issues related to security in database design. (8).
Simple introduction to Naive Bayes classifier What is Naive Bayes Classifier? A Naive Bayes classifier is a probabilistic classifier ...
Advanced concepts in DBMS Advanced Database Topics (Click on the links to navigate) Advanced Concepts in D...
Set of solved exercises in Normalization / Normalization Solved Examples / How to find candidate keys, and primary keys in database? /...
Query Processing in DBMS / Steps involved in Query Processing in DBMS / How is a query gets processed in a Database Management System? / Q...