TOPICS (Click to Navigate)
Monday, 16 February 2015
DBMS Basics - Quiz 5
[Answers are given in Green color]
1. A relational database is said to be a group of ____.
a. common fields c. records
b. field values d. tables
2. One of the advantages of a relational database model is ____.
a. structural dependence c. easier database design
b. conceptual complexity d. complex database design
3. Using network terminology, a relationship is called a(n) ____.
a. member c. set
b. owner d. table
4. The hierarchical database model is based on a ____.
a. tree structure c. lack of a child segment
b. lack of a parent segment d. Matrix
5. The hierarchical database model depicts a set of ____ relationships.
a. M:1 c. 1:M
b. 1:1 d. M:N
6. The hierarchical database is not very efficient when handling ____.
a. large amounts of data c. many transactions
b. few transactions d. 1:M relationships
7. The hierarchical database models ____.
a. have no implementation limitations c. have very strict standards
b. promote database integrity d. have a simple navigational system
8. A relational database model ____.
a. does not require substantial hardware and system software overhead
b. does not promote "islands of information" problems
c. allows trained people to use a good system poorly
d. lets the user operate in a human logical environment
9. The network database models have a ____.
a. navigational system that yields simple design
b. simple system that promotes efficiency
c. relationship of owner/member that promotes database integrity
d. great deal of structural independence
10. Database models have been developed for ____.
a. modeling real-world events or conditions
b. depositing data within a single file
c. keeping data within multiple data repositories
d. allowing DBMSs to maintain lose control over the database activities.
11. The RDBMS ____.
a. performs functions provided by the hierarchical and network DBMS system
b. does not manage data structures
c. allows the user/designer to ignore the logical view of the database
d. does not manage the details of physical storage
12. System’s complexity is hidden from the user and designer in RDBMS. This leads to ____.
a. it does not exhibit data independence
b. it does not exhibit structural independence
c. easier data management
d. data management is very difficult
13. Database models can be grouped into two categories: conceptual models and ____ models.
a. implementation c. physical
b. logical d. query
14. Every row/record in the relational table is called as an entity ____.
a. instance c. attribute
b. relationship d. model
15. Degree of ______ is a way to classify data models.
a. difficulty c. abstraction
b. knowledge d. unification
SQL Exercises for Beginners / Simple SQL Exercises with Answers / Solved SQL exercises / SQL solved exercises with simple conditions / So...
Advanced concepts in DBMS Advanced Database Topics (Click on the links to navigate) Advanced Concepts in D...
Set of solved exercises in Normalization / Normalization Solved Examples / How to find candidate keys, and primary keys in database? /...
Query Processing in DBMS / Steps involved in Query Processing in DBMS / How is a query gets processed in a Database Management System? / Q...