Why do we need ORDBMS / Reasons for using ORDBMS / Advantages of ORDBMS
Reasons for having ORDBMSs over conventional RDBMSs
- Storage requirements of newer applications - Conventional RDBMSs cannot handle the data like engineering designs, scientific experiments, GIS, and multimedia data.
- Handling of data stored for newer applications – retrieve and manipulate data stored for newer applications like other data with RDBMS functionalities.
- Ability to define user defined data types – to handle new type of data as and when required.
- Reusability nature of objects – One of the main features of using objects, and methods.
- Database extensibility – easy addition of data types and operations