Question Paper Code : 81328
M.E. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2013
Computer Science and Engineering
CS 9221 / CS 921 — DATABASE TECHNOLOGY
(Common to M.E. Computer and Communication)
Time: Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
1. What is database?
2. Define concurrency control.
3. Mention about the object oriented databases.
4. What is a query language?
5. Define server model.
6. What is meant by web databases?
7. Mention about ER model.
8. What are spatial databases?
9. Define knowledge bases.
10. What is meant by Text database?
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (a) (i) Describe in detail about the distributed databases and conventional databases. (6)
(ii) Illustrate the architecture of distributed databases. (10)
(b) Briefly explain about the query processing and transaction processing in distributed databases. (16)
12. (a) Discuss in detail about the modeling and design of the object oriented databases. (16)
(b) (i) Explain about multi version locks. (8)
(ii) Explain OQL with suitable examples. (8)
13. (a) (i) Illustrate the architecture of Data warehousing. (10)
(ii) List the applications of data mining. (6)
(b) (i) Discuss in detail about the web databases. (8)
(ii) Illustrate the mobile transaction models. (8)
14. (a) (i) Explain in detail about the normalization in databases. (10)
(ii) List the factors to be considered to tune the database. (6)
(b) (i) Describe in detail about the query optimization. (8)
(ii) Write short notes on spatial databases. (8)
15. (a) Briefly discuss about Active and Deductive databases. (16)
(b) (i) Describe the architecture of multimedia databases. (10)
(ii) Give the different architectural models of parallel databases. (6)
TOPICS (Click to Navigate)
Thursday, 18 February 2016
CS 9221 / CS 921 Database Technology question paper – Nov/Dec 2013
CS 9221 / CS 921 Database Technology question paper – Nov/Dec 2013 / Anna University Previous Year Exam Questions for ME CSE / Anna University Previous Year M.E. M.Tech. Computer Science and Information Technology Question Papers / CS 9221 / CS 921 Database Technology question paper – Nov/Dec 2013 for ME Computer and Communication Engineering
Important properties of two phase locking protocol and its variants Properties of 2PL Serializability 2PL ensures co...
ads.click() Advanced concepts in DBMS Advanced Database Topics (Click on the links to navigate) Advance...
Set of solved exercises in Normalization / Normalization Solved Examples / How to find candidate keys, and primary keys in database? /...
Query Processing in DBMS / Steps involved in Query Processing in DBMS / How is a query gets processed in a Database Management System? / Q...