CS 9221 Database Technology question paper – June 2010 / Anna University Previous Year Exam Questions / Anna University Previous Year M.E. M.Tech. Computer Science and Information Technology Question Papers
Question Paper Code : J7658
M.E. DEGREE EXAMINATION, JUNE 2010
Computer Science and Engineering
CS 9221 — DATABASE TECHNOLOGY
(Common to M.E. Computer and Communications)
Time: Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
1. What is Fragmentation?
2. What is Concurrency Control?
3. What is Persistence?
4. What is Transaction Processing?
5. What is Client/Server Model?
6. What is the difference between data warehousing and data mining?
7. Why do we need Normalization?
8. What is Integrity?
9. Give two features of Multimedia Databases.
10. What are Deductive Databases?
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (a) Explain the architecture of Distributed Databases.
(b) Write notes on the following:
(i) Query processing. (8)
(ii) Transaction processing. (8)
12. (a) Discuss the Modeling and design approaches for Object Oriented Databases.
(b) Explain the Multi-Version Locks and Recovery in Query Languages.
13. (a) Discuss in detail Data Warehousing and Data Mining.
(b) Discuss the features of Web Databases and Mobile Databases.
14. (a) With an example, explain E-R Model in detail.
(b) Explain the features of Temporal and Spatial-Databases in detail.
15. (a) Explain the features of Parallel Databases and Text Databases in detail.
(b) Discuss the Rules, Knowledge Bases and Image Databases.