CS 9221 / 241204 Database Technology question paper – June 2012 / Anna University Previous Year Exam Questions / Anna University Previous Year M.E. M.Tech. Computer Science and Information Technology Question Papers
Question Paper Code : 81230
M.E. DEGREE EXAMINATION, JUNE 2012
Computer Science and Engineering
CS 9221 / 241204 / 8241204 CS 921 — DATABASE TECHNOLOGY
(Common to M.E. Computer Science and Engineering)
Time: Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
1. What are the Distributed databases?
2. Define Concurrency control.
3. What are Object Oriented Databases?
4. What is Persistence?
5. Define Data Mining.
6. Give two features of Mobile Databases.
7. Define Normalization.
8. Define Integrity.
9. What are Active Databases?
10. Give two features of text database.
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (a) (i) Compare Distributed Databases and Conventional Databases. (10)
(ii) Explain Query Processing. (6)
(b) (i) Describe the architecture of Distributed Databases. (8)
(ii) Explain Transaction Processing and Concurrency Control. (8)
12. (a) Give a brief account on Approaches, Modeling and Design of Object Oriented Databases. (16)
(b) Discuss about:
(i) Persistence (4)
(ii) Multiversion locks (8)
(iii) Recovery (4)
13. (a) Discuss about Web databases and Mobile databases. (16)
(b) Give a brief account on Data Warehousing and Data Mining. (16)
14. (a) (i) Explain E-R model with an example. (8)
(ii) Discuss about Database Tuning. (8)
(b) Describe the design of Temporal Databases and Spatial Databases. (16)
15. (a) Discuss about Deductive databases and Spatial database. (16)
(b) Explain the features of Multimedia databases and Image databases. (16)