MC 1654 – Database Management Systems - May June 2006 Question Paper / Anna University MCA Exam May June 2006 Question Paper / MC1654 DBMS May June 2006 Question Paper / MC1654 Database Management Systems Previous Year MCA Question Paper / Anna University Affiliated Colleges MCA Question Papers / MC1654 DBMS Regulation 2005 MCA Question Paper / MCA Second Semester Question Paper
Question Paper Code :
M.C.A DEGREE EXAMINATION, MAY/JUNE 2006
MC 1654 – DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Time : Three Hours Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A – (10 X 2 = 20 marks)
1. Define the terms super key and candidate key.
2. List the components and responsibilities of the storage component manager?
3. How can you express queries in Query By Examples (QBE)?
4. Define the terms Authentication and Authorization.
5. What do you mean by RAID? Mention its significance.
6. Distinguish between Static hashing and Dynamic hashing.
7. List the operations involved in query processing?
8. Discuss about pipelining.
9. What are the different states of a transaction? Explain.
10. What is the purpose of check point mechanism?
PART B – (5 X 16 = 80 marks)
11. (a) Explain the design of Entity Relationship diagram with a suitable example.
(b) Discuss the responsibility of DBA.
12. (a) (i)Discuss the various set operations that operate on a relation with suitable example.
(ii) Discuss the different types of joins in queries.
(b) Explain about integrity constraints in database with examples.
13. (a) Discuss on how Hashing technique overcomes drawbacks in Sequential File Organization.
(b) Discuss about how file organization is implemented using B+ tree?
14. (a) Explain the various issues to be considered in the Evaluation of expressions with proper illustration.
(b) Write down the procedure to perform Heuristics Optimization and explain.
15. (a) (i) Explain conflict serialization with example.
(ii) Explain shadow paging conflict.
(b) (i) Write short notes on Data Dictionary.
(ii) Write short notes on Buffer Management.