CS2029 Advanced Database Technology question paper - November/December 2014 / Anna University Previous Year 2014 Exam Questions for Advanced Database Technology with Answers / Anna University Previous Year 2014 Computer Science and Information Technology Question Papers / CS 606 Advanced Database Technology Question Paper / CS2029 Sixth Semester Advanced Database Technology question / CS2029 CS606 Question paper with answers
Question Paper Code : 91325
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2014
Computer Science and Engineering
CS 2029/CS 606/10144CSE 23 — ADVANCED DATABASE TECHNOLOGY
(Common to Seventh Semester Information Technology)
(Common to PTCS 2029/10144 CSE 23 – Advanced Database Technology for B.E.
(Part-Time) Fifth/Sixth Semester – CSE – Regulation 2009/2010)
Time : Three Hours Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A – (10 X 2 = 20 marks)
1. Define query processing.
2. Mention the use of database tuning.
3. State any two features of distributed database.
4. Define concurrency control.
5. What is the use of JASMINE model?
6. Write any two features of POSTGRES model.
7. Define data mining.
8. Mention main difference between mobile and web database.
9. What is multimedia database?
10. Give any features of spatial database.
PART B – (5 X 16 = 80 marks)
11. (a) (i) Explain about third normal form and BCNF with an example. (8)
(ii) Discuss query optimization briefly. (8)
(b) (i) Write short note on transaction processing. (8)
(ii) Discuss two phase locking protocol technique for concurrency in detail. (8)
(b) (i) Explain the architecture of Distributed database with a neat diagram. (10)
(ii) Write about commit protocols briefly. (6)
13. (a) Discuss the modeling and design of object oriented database in detail. (16)
(b) Explain the overview of GEMSTONE and ODMG models. (16)
14. (a) (i) Distinguish between OLTP and OLAP. (8)
(ii) What are the different schemas in data warehouse? Explain them. (8)
(b) Write about mobile, XML, and web databases with their structures. (16)
15. (a) (i) Explain about knowledge bases, active and deductive databases. (16)
(b) Discuss the concepts of multimedia data structures and query languages briefly. (16)