Two Phase Locking High Priority (2PL-HP) Protocol, 2PL-HP Concurrency Control Protocol for real-time database
2PL High-Priority (2PL-HP)
- 2PL-HP serves a deadlock prevention mechanism.
- 2PL-HP ensures urgent higher priority transactions to meet their deadlines.
- A transaction restarted by a higher-priority transaction may miss its deadline and discarded.
- Lower priority transactions always restarted due to the higher priority transactions end in wastage of system resources used by lower priority transactions.
- More number of lower priority transactions with conflicting locks will lead to wasted restarts thus results in performance degradation of the system.