Centralized deadlock detection technique / How to handle deadlock detection in distributed database? / False cycle in distributed database deadlock detection / What is false cycle?
Centralized deadlock detection approach
- Whenever a new edge is inserted or removed in the local wait-for graphs of any sites.
- Whenever the coordinator invokes the detection algorithm.
How does it work?
- The coordinator selects a victim transaction that need to be rolled back.
- The coordinator informs about the victim transaction to all the sites in the distributed database.
- The sites rollback the transaction.