Relational Database Design with ER diagram - An ExampleABC General Store:
- To perform inventory management on items they sell
- To maintain the details regarding the vendors (wholesale dealers, agents, or direct selling vendors, etc)
- To handle the workers’ details.
Cardinality Ratios(Type of Relationship):
- The relationship between Items and Vendor is Many-to-Many. Because, one vendor may supply many products, and more than one vendor may supply one product.
- The relationship between Items and Section is Many-to-One from Items to Section. Because, every section have many employees assigned, and any employee is assigned to exactly one section.
- The relationship between Section and Employee is One-To-Many from Section to Employee. In our store, an employee is allotted to exactly one section.
Entity Relationship Diagram
1. Strong Entity sets
2. Attribute type identification
3. Type of relationship sets.
You may visit ER Diagram Tutorials to know about various components.