What is homogeneous distributed DBMS? Homogeneous distributed database example, why homogeneous distributed DBMS
Homogeneous Distributed DBMS
- It runs on local DBMS software.
- The database stored locally has a schema (structure).
- A degree of autonomy on the data those are stored locally and partial autonomy on other sites etc.
- All sites use same/identical DBMS software.
- For example, all sites in that distributed database network may use Oracle as the DBMS.
- Databases that are stored locally at each server will have same structure.
- For example, a student table with the schema STUDENT(Regno, Name, Phone) will be stored at all sites with the same schema.
- If the DBMS software, the schema, and the application software that uses the data are same at all sites, then every site know about other sites well (at least partially)
Go to Distributed Database page
Go to Distributed Database Questions and Definitions page